Tuesday, December 14, 2010

11 Weeks!

Wow! So close to finishing the 1st trimester - I'm so happy!! :)

I have my 2nd appt. with the OB today - and will be asking her quite a few questions to get to know her better. We are praying that she will be flexible with our wishes for a natural birth.....if not, I will be switching to another doctor! :) I have been reading a lot on labor and delivery and quite honestly am very nervous! Being knowledgable about how everything will happen has taken the fear of the unknown away though.

Sam had the stomach flu last weekend, and I followed him around with Lysol wipes to make sure I didn't pick up any of the flu germs. LOL :) In other news, the library has been VERY SLOOOWWW with the holidays coming up.......which left me with a lot of free time on my hands.....which meant I already started a baby registry at Target!! :) It is really fun to look at all the baby stuff for me, and not for another lady's baby shower gift for the first time. I made sure that baby sunblock was on the list - as our little one will be born right in the heat of an AZ summer.

Week 11: What's Developing!

Amnoitic fluid begins to accumulate as the kidneys start functioning.  This fluid also helps to protect the baby inside mommy.  Our baby can suck and swallow and move freely around in it.

The baby's muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice contractions that digest food.

The tiny little skeletal bones throughout the baby's body are beginning to harden and even little tooth buds are forming.

Now that all major organs have formed, the most critical period in development has passed.

Our baby has some new skills: flex fingers, form a fist, punch, kick, arch the body, and wrinkle his/her little forehead. 

It just amazes me when I think about God's love and how much joy and happiness He has already given us with this child. He's the very reason I live and I can't wait to see him someday in heaven! We sang this song on Sunday at church, and it fits perfectly with how I feel:

He's done so much for me, I cannot tell it all!
I cannot tell it all!
I cannot tell it all!

He's done so much for me, I cannot tell it all!
He has taken my sins away!!!
We love you little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment